Melissa Ann Goodwin

Melissa Ann Goodwin

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

On the Road: Gulf Breeze, Pensacola, Florida

We've made it to Florida! We'll be heading down to the Punta Gorda area soon, but right now we are in Gulf Breeze on the Florida panhandle. The beaches and water are gorgeous:


Beautiful sunsets:



And lots of wildlife - birds, including eagles, as well as lots of butterflies. In fact, they've got this sign posted on the road:


Sure do hope he makes it wherever he's going!

Pensacola is the home of the Blue Angels and the National Naval Aviation Museum. This morning on our walk we were treating to a Blue Angels practice overhead - but of course I didn't have my camera! Well, take my word for it, it was spectacular and so fun to watch!

Hope you're having a great October day :)




10 comments:

  1. That's a really beautiful sunset, you caught a great photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful sunset!! wish i could take sunsets too.. visit my blog for more inspiring photos from the philippines! :-)

    ..trek..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I with you, I hope that poor lonely butterfly makes it. And I loved the sunset as well. Co-incidences - I have only just come inside from taking photos of our sunset here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought that sign was so funny :D It's nice to think of us doing same things so far away from each other :)

      Delete
  4. My niece lives in Pensacola. I've fantasized about retiring there - it's gorgeous. Love the "old town" neighborhood. I'm so glad you are seeing so much beauty in our country.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is beautiful here. There is much beauty in this country.

      Delete
  5. Dear Melissa, recently I heard, via the internet, of a hilarious exchange between a woman calling the radio station and the announcer. She was complaining about the stupidity of the highway maintenance people who didn't put their signs in safer places. The sign she wanted changed to a safer place was "deer crossing." She seemed to believe that the deer read the sign and decided to cross there. I wonder if the butterflies can read! Peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dee, that is hilarious! I've seen those signs and we always joke about them. Like "How do they know this is where they're supposed to cross?"

      Delete

Talk to me!