Melissa Ann Goodwin

Melissa Ann Goodwin

Monday, January 2, 2012

Every Day is the First Day of a New Year

So in case you didn't get off to a good start, you can start over again today!!

Speaking of starting over ... this year is one in which RVPainter (the hubby) and I are making a new and very different start in our lives. We sold the house last fall, and are biding time here in Santa Fe while our RV gets built. It will be ready for us to roll in April.  We'll fly to Indiana to pick it up, then make our way back to Santa Fe to get some stuff and practice playing house in it for a few weeks before we head off.

The first part of our journey will take us east. Our first stop is San Antonio, Texas. From there we head to Charlotte, Virginia Beach and up to Massachusetts for Memorial Day. We've got family and friends in Massachusetts and New Hampshire, because we're originally from Mass. After that, it's up through the coast of Maine and into Nova Scotia. I have always wanted to go to Nova Scotia!!

And that's just the first leg!

As we head off on this adventure, this blog will evolve to be mostly about our trip. Think of the places we'll go and the people we'll meet, not to mention all the good food we'll eat. I'm nuts for a lobster roll and some onion rings just about now. And beaches. I miss beaches so much! We'll be seeing lots of them on this trip.

Of course, I'll be writing and RVPainter will be painting all along the way.

I hope you'll enjoy coming along with us on this adventure. RVPainter will blog about it too, and he's much funnier than I am. You'll be able to get two perspectives on the same events - HIS, and the correct version :-)

So this may be the 2nd day of the new year 2012, but it's the first day of another new year, and so is tomorrow and the day after that. What if we approached each and every day that way?

17 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you - can't wait to follow you on your trip
    Lx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, DW we have quite an adventure planned and lots of wonderful places to see. I will be posting a Journey Map on my blog as it is easier to see the scope of the adventure via the map.

    WOO-HOO very exciting! :>)

    DH - RVPAINTER

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura, so glad you'll come along!

    RVSweetie, I really can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun! That's something I'd like to do when life allows.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am looking forward to your blog this year, it sounds exciting! I've always loved that quote "Today is the first day of the rest of your life."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Tasha and Karen - happy new year! I think it will make for fun blogging. And lots of great pictures too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cannot wait to go on this adventure with you. I love to travel and my dream is to one day sell all of my major belongings, buy and RV and travel all over! I just saw a couple who did this on a tv show and their life looked awesome. Getting to see the sights and drive! Enjoy! I have been to Nova Scotia once- and it was beautiful!

    ~Jess

    http://thesecretdmsfilesoffairdaymorrow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Each day is a fresh start. Great way of thinking, Melissa! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an exciting adventure. I love Nova Scotia and would like to take a train trip across Canada someday. I look forward seeing the trip through your eyes. Godspeed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So excited for you and this new adventure! Looking forward to reading all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous1/02/2012

    Sounds like it's going to be an amazing year for you both. Words and pictures.....can't wait to follow your progress. I hope every day is full of first day experiences. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Melissa, AND RVPAINTER! How I envy you! But in a "nice" way...not a "hateful-- wish I was as lucky as you guys" way!! :)
    I'm looking forward to reading all about it, seeing photos and paintings about it too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jess, Emily, Sally, Tracy Jo,Accidental & Becky - I'm so glad you want to come along! I can only imagine there will be lots of stories to share :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun adventure you two will have!

    Congrats on your book! I like the cover! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Enjoy your new adventure, Meliisa!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!