Melissa Ann Goodwin

Melissa Ann Goodwin

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Serendipity

One of the yoga teachers at YogaSource here in Santa Fe is hosting a book signing party for me at her house later this month. She sent out the invitations yesterday. Today, one of the people on the invitation list came into the studio and told me, "I'm opening a children's book store in early November!" I asked, "Do want me to do a book signing?" She answered, "YES!!!!!" She was almost more excited than I was.

I just love those little moments of serendipity, when it seems like things are just falling into place. We work so hard to put ourselves out there, and sometimes I remind myself to just back off a little, and let the spirits do their work. When stuff like this happens, I feel like I can hear them chuckling.

Have you had any serendipitous moments lately? Don't you love the word serendipitous? Can you spell serendipitous?

That's a picture from the movie, "Serendipity." I love John Cusack. We need more John Cusack.

5 comments:

  1. Serendipitous is a really great word! Glad to hear you're having those moments of serendipity. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them! I had another one later on today - someone I had planned to call to invite to the signing just happened to mosey into the studio - and he never just moseys into the studio!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like hearing good news like this. And I totally agree with you about John Cusack.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Serendipity is fantastic! That's great news, Miranda.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And shhh...don't tell anyone, but a famous person who lives here in Santa Fe says she is coming to one of my signings!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!