Melissa Ann Goodwin

Melissa Ann Goodwin

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Standing in the Rain: Words of Wisdom from Writer Arthur Wooten

My dear friend Arthur Wooten's third book, Birthday Pie, is really doing great. He's also revised the play version, and the possibility of a film is still in the works. Arthur has been traditionally published, but he is also now a pioneer in the world of self-publishing, and recently formed his own publishing company, Galaxias Productions.

Carrey Parish interviewed Arthur on Goodreads, and I pulled out the last question and answer to post here because I liked what Arthur said so much. To read the full interview, go to: http://www.goodreads.com/author_blog_posts/1469967-carey-parrish-reviews-birthday-pie-and-talks-to-arthur-about-the-success

Carrey Parish: "What advice or wisdom can you pass along at this point in your life?"

Arthur Wooten: "I’ve said it before, regarding success with writing, but I find it’s true in life too. Be careful of the dominant thoughts you have running through your brain because they will tend to manifest. The law of the universe doesn’t care if they are positive or negative. So choose wisely. Also, if there’s something you want in life, keep your eyes open. Listen carefully. You have to learn to be lucky. An opportunity may be right in front of you and if you’re not aware of it, it will escape you. It could be seizing the right moment, noticing a great connection, thinking outside of the box. And in order to be struck by lighting (in a good way) you have to stand out in the rain. But you have to be willing to stand out in the rain longer than anyone else. I’ve been poured on. But I wouldn’t have it any other way. "





6 comments:

  1. Wonderful quote and comments! I will copy this in my little book of inspirational writing quotes. Love it, and thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, you're so sweet to post this. And I truly "try" to live by it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you do, Bobby! And look, you're going to go in KarenG's book of inspirational writing quotes!

    Hi Karen! I love quotes that are sort of about writing, but really about life, because so often what works for one, works for the other!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "But you have to be willing to stand out in the rain longer than anyone else." <----My favorite part.

    Even if you have to stand out there with a lightening rod to seduce that bolt of inspiration to seek you out! Great advice, thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was my favorite part too, AB. Arthur is a cool guy - an inspiration for all of us. He is a very kind and extremely generous spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8/23/2011

    Loved this little snippet of wisdom, wonderfully said--thank you. (and where did you get that adorable picture?)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!